First Login on NCEAS server
For security reason we require that you change your password at the first login. It can only be done by accessing the server via ssh. Take a few minutes beforehand to choose a strong password. You can find the official UCSB recommendations here.
- If you do not know how to ssh into a remote server, please refer to this page about how to get started with SSH.
- Once connected to the server, you will be prompted to enter the password you were sent. IMPORTANT: the cursor will not update while you are typing.
- You should immediately be prompted to change your expired password.
- Type in your current (temp) password again.
- Enter your strong new password.
- Confirm your new password.
- Type exit to log out.
You are done! Now you can connect to the server using any access method supported by it.